POD & INTEC PRESENTS
Saturday, 25 August 2018
Ballinlough Castle, Co. Westmeath.
We are proud to present Carl's first show in the Republic of Ireland in 9 years, and his only show in the Republic of Ireland this year for 2018.
Carl Cox has woven a rich tapestry of electronic music in the Republic of Ireland for the last 25 years from Sir Henry’s in Cork with Greg & Shane, the Ormond Multimedia centre with Mark Kavanagh and Redbox with Robbie Butler.... along with seminal festival performances at Homelands, Spring Party, Global Gathering and Garden Party.
This unmissable one-off concert will take place on front-lawn of the historic and iconic Ballinlough Castle, overlooking the lake.
An electronic music pioneer, label owner, King of Ibiza - Carl has been there and done it all, never losing sight of his passions - playing great music, breaking tunes and celebrating life.
This evening will be a celebration of Carl's record label, INTEC DIGITAL and will also see him perform a 3 HOUR SET and curate the bill of SPECIAL GUESTS.
Carl’s legendary Ibiza residency broke boundaries. He celebrated an astounding 15 consecutive years at Space in 2016, Carl’s residency was one of the island’s most popular nights, acclaimed for its adventurous and forward-thinking line-ups, musical direction and state of the art production.
Carl’s ‘Global’ radio show continues to break records, now reaching over 17-million weekly listeners worldwide and is syndicated across over 60 terrestrial FM, satellite and DAB stations throughout 35 countries, making him one of the most important broadcasters on the planet, and the most followed DJ on Mixcloud.
Channel 4 made the documentary Carl Cox: Space Is The Place following the techno figure, offering a slice of clubbing history and a behind the scenes look at a season in Ibiza. Clocking up gigs all over the world last year, playing a set at Glastonbury and launching his own festival PURE in Australia, there is no sign of things slowing down for this music legend.
Cox has won thirteen DJ Awards, three International Dance Music Awards, three DJ Mag Awards and one NME Award. Just last month, DJ Mag revealed he was the winner of the Highest Techno Category in this year’s DJ Mag Top 100 DJs poll.
Bus tickets From Dublin (North Wall Quay 3Arena) to Ballinlough Castle, are available here.
Cars traveling from South and Dublin
• All public attending the event will be advised to take M4.
• Onto N52 to Delvin.
• Turn right at Delvin onto N51.
• Turn left onto Crowinstown road (L5525) and follow festival signage into public car park.
Cars travelling from the North/North West
• Southbound Exit M3/ N3 onto N52
• Then travel N52 to Delvin and turn left at Delvin onto N51
• Travel N51 for 4km and turn left onto Crowinstown road.
• Follow Crowinstown road (L5525) and turn right into festival Car park.
· Bus Eireann are running shuttle from Dublin 3 arena
· Follow the link below to purchase you return bus ticket .
Private coaches and taxis
Please follow directions to drop off zone
Please note all vehicles for Pick up must arrive before 2230hrs to obtain access to pick up point .
Last Entry - 9:45pm
Guest List Closes 9.00pm
Car Park Opens - 2pm
Event runs from 3pm to Midnight
DO'S & DONT'S
- Wear Warm Clothing
- This is an outdoor show.
- Wear appropriate footwear. This show is on grass.
- Bags over A4 not permitted
- Items for trading are not allowed.
- Strictly NO Re-Entry
STRICTLY NO CAMPING – TENTS WILL BE REMOVED
NO LIQUIDS PERMITTED INTO EVENT ( BARS AND DRINKING TAPS AVAILABLE ON SITE )
The safety and well-being of our attendees is at the forefront of our priorities. Stringent searches will be conducted upon entry to the concert. Anyone found carrying illicit items will have them confiscated and may be removed from the concert and passed over to the Garda as a result.
- No Liquids of any form permitted into the event or on buses traveling to the event.
- Fireworks, Chinese Lanterns, flares and high power torches are not allowed.
- Illicit drugs, legal highs or nitrous oxide are not allowed.
- Glass (except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave)
- Animals (except guide dogs) are not allowed.
- Anything which could be considered an offensive weapon is not allowed.
- Gas Cylinders are not permitted anywhere.
- Petrol Generators or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is not allowed.
- BBQ's are not allowed.
- Gazebos are not allowed.
- Flag Poles are not allowed.
- Garden Furniture in any form is not allowed.
- Laser Pens are not allowed.
- Professional photographic equipment is not allowed. (this applies to cameras that have detachable lenses)
- Selfie Sticks are not allowed.
- Drones are not allowed.
- Umbrellas are not allowed.
- Spray canisters / Smoke Bombs / Gas canisters are not allowed.
- Megaphones are not allowed.
- High Vis Clothing is not allowed.
- Bags over A4 not permitted
For more see Pod.ie, The Star & FM104.
Over 18s – ID required
Subject to licence